O. Reg. 166/09: CLASSIFICATION OF PROPOSALS FOR INSTRUMENTS
filed April 22, 2009 under Environmental Bill of Rights, 1993, S.O. 1993, c. 28Skip to content
ontario regulation 166/09
made under the
environmental bill of rights, 1993
Made: March 2, 2009
Filed: April 22, 2009
Published on e-Laws: April 23, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 9, 2009
Amending O. Reg. 681/94
(Classification of Proposals for Instruments)
1. Section 4 of Ontario Regulation 681/94 is revoked and the following substituted:
Class I Proposals — Pesticides act
4. The following are Class I proposals for instruments:
1. A proposal to classify a pesticide under Ontario Regulation 63/09 (General) made under the Pesticides Act if the pesticide contains a pesticide ingredient that is neither classified under that regulation nor contained in a pesticide classified under that regulation.
2. A proposal to reclassify a pesticide under Ontario Regulation 63/09 made under the Pesticides Act.
3. A proposal to declassify a pesticide under Ontario Regulation 63/09 made under the Pesticides Act unless,
i. declassification would take place at the request of, or with the consent of,
A. the person who registered the pesticide under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada) or the Fertilizers Act (Canada), or
B. in the case of a pesticide registered under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada), the Canadian agent of the person who registered the pesticide, or
ii. the pesticide is no longer registered under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada) or the Fertilizers Act (Canada).
4. A proposal by the Ministry of Natural Resources to enter into an agreement with a body responsible for managing a natural resources management project, if a pesticide prescribed for the purposes of subsection 7.1 (1) of the Pesticides Act may be used for the purposes of the project.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.