O. Reg. 336/09: GENERAL - WASTE MANAGEMENT
filed September 18, 2009 under Environmental Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 336/09
made under the
environmental protection act
Made: September 17, 2009
Filed: September 18, 2009
Published on e-Laws: September 22, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 3, 2009
Amending Reg. 347 of R.R.O. 1990
(General — Waste Management)
1. The definition of “anaerobic digestion” in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 347 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “decomposition of organic matter” and substituting “decomposition of organic matter by bacteria”.
2. Paragraph 21 of subsection 3 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
21. Anaerobic digestion output that is intended for application on agricultural land as nutrient,
i. if it was generated by a regulated mixed anaerobic digestion facility, or
ii. if the anaerobic digestion materials did not contain sewage biosolids or human body waste and at least 50 per cent, by volume, of the total amount of anaerobic digestion materials were on-farm anaerobic digestion materials.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
5.0.2 A waste disposal site is exempt from Part V of the Act and from this Regulation if,
(a) it is a NASM plan area, as defined in Ontario Regulation 267/03 (General) made under the Nutrient Management Act, 2002; and
(b) it satisfies the requirements of section 8.3 of that regulation.
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 3 comes into force on January 1, 2011.