O. Reg. 474/09: MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION STATIONS
filed December 11, 2009 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 474/09
made under the
highway traffic act
Made: December 9, 2009
Filed: December 11, 2009
Published on e-Laws: December 11, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 26, 2009
Amending Reg. 601 of R.R.O. 1990
(Motor Vehicle Inspection Stations)
1. Clause 1 (a) of Regulation 601 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(a) “annual inspection certificate”, “annual inspection sticker”, “salvage motor vehicle” and “structural inspection certificate” have the same meanings as in Regulation 611 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Safety Inspections) made under the Act;
2. (1) Paragraph 1 of section 3 of the Regulation is revoked.
(2) Paragraph 2 of the section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
2. A Type 1 or Type 2 licence is authority to inspect and certify trailers and motor vehicles in accordance with the inspection requirements and performance standards set out in Schedule 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 or 6.1, as appropriate to the class or type of vehicle inspected.
(3) Paragraph 5 of section 3 of the Regulation is revoked.
3. (1) Subsection 4 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(1) It is a condition of a Type 1, 2, 3 or 4 licence that the licensee ensure that premises in which inspections are carried out,
. . . . .
(2) Subclause 4 (1) (c) (v) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(v) detecting leaks in compressed fuel systems;
4. Subsection 11 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) A sign identifying a Class P station shall not be displayed at a Class F or G station.
5. Paragraphs 8 and 9 of subsection 14 (1) of the Regulation are revoked.
6. Section 15 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
15. (1) An application for a licence shall be in the form provided by the Minister.
(2) A safety standards certificate and a structural inspection certificate shall be in the forms provided by the Minister.
7. Forms 4 and 5 of the Regulation are revoked.
8. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2010 and the day this Regulation is filed.