O. Reg. 87/10: MUNICIPAL SERVICES CORPORATIONS
filed March 29, 2010 under Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25Skip to content
ontario regulation 87/10
made under the
municipal act, 2001
Made: March 10, 2010
Filed: March 29, 2010
Published on e-Laws: March 31, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 17, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 599/06
(Municipal Services Corporations)
1. (1) Paragraph 5 of subsection 11 (1) of Ontario Regulation 599/06 is revoked and the following substituted:
5. Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 in respect of long-term care homes under Part VIII of that Act.
(2) Subsection 11 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Despite section 3 and subsections 4 (2), (3) and 5 (1) of this Regulation, a municipality shall only use the powers referred to in paragraphs 1 to 5 of subsection 203 (1) of the Act in relation to a corporation that carries on any business or activities in connection with a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 other than a long-term care home under Part VIII of that Act if the business or activities of the corporation are restricted to the construction, operation, maintenance and ownership, including ownership of land, of facilities that are new when the corporation first carries on its business with respect to them.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 1 of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.