O. Reg. 156/10: Hospital Management
filed May 3, 2010 under Public Hospitals Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.40Skip to content
ontario regulation 156/10
made under the
Public hospitals Act
Made: April 28, 2010
Filed: May 3, 2010
Published on e-Laws: May 5, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 22, 2010
Amending Reg. 965 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Subsection 2 (2) of Regulation 965 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Where the following persons are members of the board, they may not be voting members:
1. Any member of the medical staff, dental staff, extended class nursing staff or midwifery staff of the hospital.
2. Any employee of the hospital.
(2) Subsection 2 (4) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(4) The board shall ensure that the administrator establishes a system for ensuring the disclosure of every critical incident, as soon as is practicable after the critical incident occurs, to the medical advisory committee and the administrator and to,
. . . . .
(3) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(5.1) The board shall ensure that the administrator establishes a system for ensuring, following a disclosure of a critical incident under subsection (4), that the incident is analyzed and a plan developed with systemic steps to avoid or reduce the risk of further similar critical incidents.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2010 and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (1) comes into force on January 1, 2011.