O. Reg. 253/10: Apples - Plan
filed June 18, 2010 under Farm Products Marketing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 253/10
made under the
Farm Products Marketing Act
Made: May 19, 2010
Approved: June 17, 2010
Filed: June 18, 2010
Published on e-Laws: June 22, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 3, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 123/04
(Apples — Plan)
1. Sections 3 and 4 of Ontario Regulation 123/04 are revoked and the following substituted:
3. (1) The local board known as the “Ontario Apple Growers” is continued.
(2) The local board has the authority, and shall exercise the powers and perform the duties,
(a) that the Commission delegates to it under the Act; and
(b) that are given or assigned to it by this Regulation and by any other applicable regulation.
(3) The local board has the following powers:
1. The local board has such powers of a natural person as are necessary for the local board to exercise its other powers and perform its duties under the Act or any other Act of Ontario or Canada, subject to any limitations set out in this Regulation or any other regulation that applies to the local board.
2. The local board may accept extra-provincial powers and rights.
3. Where authorized by by-law, and subject to Regulation 400 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (By-laws for Local Boards) made under the Act, the local board may,
i. borrow money on the credit of the local board,
ii. issue, sell or pledge debt obligations of the local board, or
iii. charge, mortgage, hypothecate or pledge all or any currently owned or subsequently acquired real or personal movable or immovable property of the local board, including book debts, rights, powers, franchises and undertakings, to secure any debt obligations or any money borrowed or other debt or liability of the local board.
(4) The local board shall not,
(a) establish or acquire a controlling interest in a corporation or other entity;
(b) exercise its powers and perform its duties, or purport to do so, through a corporation or other entity; or
(c) indemnify or agree to indemnify any person in relation to any action or other proceeding except as permitted by Regulation 400 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990.
2. Section 8 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2.1) Despite subsection (2), in any apple growing district in which there are less than 60 district group members, there shall be three representatives on the District Apple Producers’ Committee.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Commission de commercialisation des produits agricoles de l’Ontario :
Date made: May 19, 2010.
Pris le : 19 mai 2010.
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
La ministre de l’Agriculture, de l’Alimentation et des Affaires rurales,
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Date approved: June 17, 2010.
Approuvé le : 17 juin 2010.