O. Reg. 448/10: Hospital Management
filed December 2, 2010 under Public Hospitals Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.40Skip to content
ontario regulation 448/10
made under the
public hospitals act
Made: November 23, 2010
Approved: December 1, 2010
Filed: December 2, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 6, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 18, 2010
Amending Reg. 965 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Section 2 of Regulation 965 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) In addition to the members of the board appointed or elected in accordance with the authority whereby the hospital is established, the following persons shall be members of the board:
(a) the administrator of the hospital;
(b) the president of the hospital’s medical staff;
(c) the chief of staff of the hospital or, where there is no chief of staff, the chair of the hospital’s medical advisory committee; and
(d) the chief nursing executive of the hospital.
(2) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(5.2) The board shall ensure that the administrator provides aggregated critical incident data related to critical incidents occurring at the hospital to the hospital’s quality committee established under subsection 3 (1) of the Excellent Care for All Act, 2010 at least two times per year.
(5.3) The aggregated data shall include data about all critical incidents occurring at the hospital since the previous aggregated data was provided to the quality committee.
2. (1) Subsection 7 (2.1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “subclauses (2) (a) (i), (ii) and (iv)” and substituting “subclauses (2) (a) (i), (ii), (iv) and (v)”.
(2) Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(7) Where the medical advisory committee identifies systemic or recurring quality of care issues in making its recommendations to the board under subclause (2) (a) (v), the medical advisory committee shall make recommendations about those issues to the hospital’s quality committee established under subsection 3 (1) of the Excellent Care for All Act, 2010.
(8) When reporting to the board under subsection 3 (3) of the Excellent Care for All Act, 2010, the quality committee shall consider the medical advisory committee’s recommendations that relate to systemic or recurring quality of care issues.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsections 1 (2) and 2 (2) come into force on the day section 3 of the Excellent Care for All Act, 2010 comes into force.
Pris par :
La ministre de la Santé et des Soins de longue durée,
Deborah Drake Matthews
Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
Date made: November 23, 2010.
Pris le : 23 novembre 2010.