O. Reg. 467/10: Licensing of Sewage Works Operators
filed December 6, 2010 under Ontario Water Resources Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.40Skip to content
ontario regulation 467/10
made under the
Ontario Water Resources Act
Made: December 1, 2010
Filed: December 6, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 8, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 25, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 129/04
(Licensing of Sewage Works Operators)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 129/04 is amended by adding the following definitions:
“authorizing certificate” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009;
“occupation” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009;
“out-of-province regulatory authority” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009;
“regulated occupation” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009;
“restricted certificate”, in relation to an occupation, means a certificate, licence, registration, or other form of official recognition that is granted by a regulatory authority to an individual who is not qualified to practise the occupation but is permitted with conditions to practise the occupation.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Operator’s licences, out-of-province applicants
7.1 (1) A person who holds an authorizing certificate issued by an out-of-province regulatory authority in respect of an occupation may apply to the Director for the issuance of an operator’s licence described in subsection 6 (1) in respect of the same occupation.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), the Director shall issue the operator’s licence described in subsection 6 (1) to the applicant if,
(a) the applicant pays the required fee;
(b) the applicant provides the Director with a copy of the applicant’s authorizing certificate;
(c) the operator’s licence is, in the opinion of the Director, in respect of the same occupation as the applicant’s authorizing certificate;
(d) the applicant provides the Director with confirmation in writing from the out-of-province regulatory authority that the applicant’s authorizing certificate is in good standing; and
(e) the applicant provides the Director with evidence satisfactory to the Director that he or she has practised the regulated occupation within the three-year period preceding the day on which the applicant submits his or her application under subsection (1).
(3) The Director may refuse to issue a licence if the out-of-province regulatory authority has cancelled or suspended or circumstances exist that authorize the authority to cancel or suspend an authorizing certificate or a restricted certificate that was issued to the applicant in respect of the occupation of wastewater operator.
(4) A licence expires three years after it is issued but may be reissued in accordance with section 7.
3. Section 9 of the Regulation is revoked.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day this Regulation is filed.