O. Reg. 479/10: DESIGNATED SUBSTANCE - ASBESTOS ON CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND IN BUILDINGS AND REPAIR OPERATIONS
filed December 6, 2010 under Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1Skip to content
ontario regulation 479/10
made under the
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT
Made: December 1, 2010
Filed: December 6, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 8, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 25, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 278/05
(Designated Substance — Asbestos on Construction Projects and in Buildings and Repair Operations)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 278/05 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(5) This Regulation does not apply to workers and their employers when the workers are engaged in the following work under the authority of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997:
1. Fire suppression.
2. Rescue and emergency services.
3. The investigation of the cause, origin and circumstances of a fire or explosion or condition that might have caused a fire, explosion, loss of life or damage to property.
(6) While the work described in subsection (5) is being performed at a workplace, this Regulation does not apply to that workplace in respect of the workers engaged in the work and their employers, and Regulation 833 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents) made under the Act applies.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day this Regulation is filed.