O. Reg. 499/10: ASSESSMENT OF EXPENSES AND EXPENDITURES
filed December 14, 2010 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 499/10
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: December 13, 2010
Filed: December 14, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 16, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 1, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 16/08
(Assessment of Expenses and Expenditures)
1. Ontario Regulation 16/08 is amended by adding the following section:
0.1 In this Regulation,
“broader public sector” means health service providers, school boards, colleges, universities, municipalities, community and social service providers and Crown agencies, boards, commissions and authorities that provide public services under the laws of Ontario or under a ministry transfer payment program;
“broader public sector procurement agent” means, with respect to a member of the broader public sector, an entity that is controlled or owned by the member and one or more other members and that procures electricity or gas on behalf of one or more of them.
“gas marketer” has the meaning assigned by section 47 of the Act and “gas marketing” has a corresponding meaning;
“licensed gas marketer” means a gas marketer licensed under Part IV of the Act;
“licensed retailer” means a retailer licensed under Part V of the Act;
“low-volume consumer” means,
(a) in relation to electricity, a consumer who is a low-volume consumer for the purposes of Part V of the Act, or
(b) in relation to gas, a consumer who is a low-volume consumer for the purposes of Part IV of the Act;
“retail” has the meaning assigned by section 56 of the Act;
“retailer” has the meaning assigned by section 56 of the Act.
2. Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
7. Licensed gas marketers, but not broader public sector procurement agents that engage in gas marketing to only members of the broader public sector.
8. Licensed retailers who retail electricity to low-volume consumers, but not broader public sector procurement agents that retail electricity to only members of the broader public sector.
3. Subsection 2 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Application of s. 1
(1) Section 1 applies as follows:
1. The persons and classes of persons listed in paragraphs 1 to 6 of section 1 are liable to pay an assessment described in that section in respect of each fiscal year of the Board that commences on or after April 1, 2009.
2. The classes of persons listed in paragraphs 7 and 8 of section 1 are liable to pay an assessment described in that section in respect of each fiscal year of the Board that commences on or after April 1, 2011.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.