O. Reg. 91/12: EXEMPTION: COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 144 OF THE ACT
filed May 17, 2012 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 91/12
made under the
electricity act, 1998
Made: May 16, 2012
Filed: May 17, 2012
Published on e-Laws: May 17, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 2, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 215/07
(exemption: compliance with section 144 of the act)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 215/07 is amended by adding the following definition:
“municipal waste” has the same meaning as in Regulation 347 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (General — Waste Management) made under the Environmental Protection Act.
2. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked.
3. Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “sections 2 and 3” and substituting “section 2”.
4. Section 5 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Exemption re specified generation facility
5. (1) Despite section 144 of the Act, the municipalities listed in subsection (2) may generate electricity using a generation facility located in the Municipality of Clarington that generates electricity from the thermal treatment of municipal waste, if the generation facility is wholly-owned by one or more Ontario municipalities.
(2) The following are the municipalities that are authorized to generate electricity using the generation facility described in subsection (1):
1. The Regional Municipality of Durham.
2. The Regional Municipality of York.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the following days:
1. July 1, 2012.
2. The day this Regulation is filed.