O. Reg. 120/12: GENERAL
filed June 1, 2012 under Motorized Snow Vehicles Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44Skip to content
ontario regulation 120/12
made under the
Motorized Snow Vehicles Act
Made: May 30, 2012
Filed: June 1, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 16, 2012
Amending Reg. 804 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Regulation 804 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
25. (1) Despite subsection 18 (3) and section 24 of this Regulation, a motorized snow vehicle may be driven after evidence of validation for the permit has been purchased but before it has been affixed to the motorized snow vehicle, if the following conditions are met:
1. The evidence of validation was purchased by means of an electronic transaction,
i. no later than on the expiry date of the old evidence of validation, and
ii. no earlier than nine days before the expiry date of the old evidence of validation.
2. A printed copy of the receipt for the electronic transaction is carried by the driver of the motorized snow vehicle and is surrendered with the evidence of registration for the motorized snow vehicle upon a demand made under the Act.
3. The old evidence of validation remains properly affixed to the motorized snow vehicle.
(2) The exemption described in subsection (1) is valid for a period of 10 days after the expiry date of the old evidence of validation.
(3) In this section,
“electronic transaction” means a transaction completed over the internet;
“old evidence of validation” means the evidence of validation in force at the time the new evidence of validation was purchased.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it its filed.