O. Reg. 177/12: HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE LANES
filed June 26, 2012 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 177/12
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: June 22, 2012
Filed: June 26, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 26, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 14, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 620/05
(HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE LANES)
1. (1) Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 620/05 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
10. The vehicle is a taxicab or limousine that,
i. is being operated by a person who has a valid licence, permit or authorization issued by a municipality or airport authority to operate the vehicle for the purpose of providing passenger transportation services, and
ii. has mounted on the rear of the vehicle a valid plate bearing an identification number issued by the municipality or airport authority for the use of the vehicle for that purpose.
(2) Paragraph 10 of section 2 of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) comes into force on July 1, 2015.
Minister of Transportation
Date made: June 22, 2012.