O. Reg. 310/12: CLAIM STAKING AND RECORDING
filed October 2, 2012 under Mining Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.14Skip to content
ontario regulation 310/12
made under the
Made: September 26, 2012
Filed: October 2, 2012
Published on e-Laws: October 3, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 20, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 43/11
(CLAIM STAKING AND RECORDING)
1. Ontario Regulation 43/11 is amended by adding the following section:
2.1 (1) An application to record a mining claim that is ground staked in unsurveyed territory on or after November 1, 2012 must include Global Positioning System geo-referencing data for all corner posts, witness posts and line posts used to indicate a change in direction of a claim boundary and the Global Positioning System geo-referencing data must comply with standards satisfactory to the Minister.
(2) Applications to which subsection (1) applies shall comply with the requirements in that subsection on and after November 1, 2012.
2. (1) Subsection 33 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) If the licensee who staked the claim is a surface rights owner of the claim, the licensee is not required to give notice of confirmation of staking to themself, but notice of confirmation of staking is required to be given to other surface rights owners, if any.
(2) Subsection 33 (4) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “notice confirmation” and substituting “notice of confirmation”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of November 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.