O. Reg. 15/13: UNFAIR OR DECEPTIVE ACTS OR PRACTICES
filed January 22, 2013 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 15/13
made under the
Made: January 21, 2013
Filed: January 22, 2013
Published on e-Laws: January 22, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 9, 2013
Amending O. Reg. 7/00
(unfair or deceptive acts or practices)
1. (1) Subsection 3 (2) of Ontario Regulation 7/00 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
7. Requiring, requesting or permitting a person who claims statutory accident benefits or who otherwise claims payment under a contract of insurance to sign, before it has been completed in full, a claims form or other document that is required to be in a form approved by the Superintendent or any form or document that is specified in a Guideline applicable for the purposes of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule — Effective September 1, 2010.
(2) Subsection 3 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) This section does not apply to a lawyer or paralegal with respect to activities that constitute practising law or providing legal services, as the case may be, as authorized under the Law Society Act. However, paragraph 6 of subsection (2) applies at all times with respect to lawyers and paralegals.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of June 1, 2013 and the day it is filed.