O. Reg. 256/13: EXEMPTIONS FROM THE ACT
filed September 3, 2013 under Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 34Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 256/13
made under the
PRIVATE SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES ACT, 2005
Made: August 27, 2013
Filed: September 3, 2013
Published on e-Laws: September 4, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 21, 2013
Amending O. Reg. 435/07
(EXEMPTIONS FROM THE ACT)
1. (1) Ontario Regulation 435/07 is amended by adding the following section:
Security guards, 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games
5. (1) An individual who holds a licence to act as a security guard or a licence to act as both a private investigator and a security guard is exempt from section 39 of the Act in relation to acting as a security guard, or holding himself or herself out as a security guard, for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games.
(2) A business entity that holds a licence to engage in the business of selling the services of security guards or a licence to engage in the business of selling the services of both private investigators and security guards is exempt from section 39 of the Act in relation to selling, or holding itself out as available to sell, the services of security guards for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games.
(2) Section 5 of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) comes into force on the later of March 31, 2016 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
La ministre de la Sécurité communautaire et des Services correctionnels,
Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Date made: August 27, 2013.
Pris le : 27 août 2013.