O. Reg. 228/14: SERVICE PROVIDERS -STANDARDS FOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS AND PRACTICES
filed November 27, 2014 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 228/14
made under the
Made: November 26, 2014
Filed: November 27, 2014
Published on e-Laws: November 28, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 13, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 90/14
(SERVICE PROVIDERS - STANDARDS FOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS AND PRACTICES)
1. The title of Ontario Regulation 90/14 is amended by adding “AND OTHER PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS” at the end.
2. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Standards for business systems and practices, etc.
2. The requirements set out in this Regulation are prescribed for the purposes of section 288.4 of the Act as,
(a) standards with respect to a licensed service provider’s business systems and practices, in connection with statutory accident benefits, and with respect to matters of integrity in the management of the service provider's operations; and
(b) other conditions of a service provider’s licence with respect to matters described in subsection 288.4 (4) of the Act.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Content of records
13.1 A licensed service provider shall ensure that the records described in subsection 13 (1) are kept in such form and contain such information as will enable the Superintendent to calculate the amount of the fees payable by the service provider under the Act.
4. Section 21 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) The service provider shall ensure that the annual information return contains such information as will enable the Superintendent to calculate the amount of the fees payable by the service provider under the Act for the relevant period.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of December 1, 2014 and the day it is filed.