O. Reg. 244/14: ADMINISTRATIVE MONETARY PENALTIES
filed December 1, 2014 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 244/14
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: November 26, 2014
Filed: December 1, 2014
Published on e-Laws: December 2, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 20, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 273/07
(ADMINISTRATIVE MONETARY PENALTIES)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 273/07 is revoked and the following substituted:
2. Section 1 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. A person whose driver’s licence is suspended under section 48 or 48.3 of the Act shall pay to the Ministry the following administrative penalty:
1. $150 if the suspension commenced on or before June 30, 2015.
2. $180 if the suspension commenced on or before June 30, 2015 and the suspension is extended after that date by a subsequent suspension under section 48 or 48.3.
3. $180 if the suspension commenced on or after July 1, 2015.
3. (1) Subsections 2 (1) and (2) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
Penalties, reinstatement fees not cumulative
(1) If the suspension of a person’s driver’s licence is extended as described in paragraph 2 of section 1 after a penalty was imposed under paragraph 1 of section 1, the person shall be required to pay only one penalty equal to the amount prescribed by paragraph 2 of section 1 and not a penalty equal to the sum of the penalties prescribed by paragraphs 1 and 2 of section 1.
(2) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(5) Despite subsections (3) and (4), where the amount of the penalty imposed under section 1 is different from the amount of the reinstatement fee under subsection 26 (1.1) of Ontario Regulation 340/94 (Drivers’ Licences) made under the Act, the amount that is payable in respect of the same reinstatement is the greater of the two amounts.
4. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Licence cancelled for failure to pay penalty
3. If a person owes a penalty imposed under section 1 and does not pay it before his or her driver’s licence is reinstated at the end of the suspension, his or her driver’s licence may be cancelled upon or after reinstatement.