O. Reg. 17/15: GENERAL
filed January 30, 2015 under Midwifery Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 31Skip to content
ontario regulation 17/15
made under the
Midwifery Act, 1991
Made: October 21, 2014
Approved: January 28, 2015
Filed: January 30, 2015
Published on e-Laws: January 30, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 14, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 335/12
1. Ontario Regulation 335/12 is amended by adding the following Part:
intubation of a newborn
Requirements for intubation beyond the larynx of a newborn
15.1 A member is authorized to perform a procedure under paragraph 10 of section 4 of the Act if the procedure is performed in accordance with the following requirements:
1. The member has the knowledge, skill and judgment to perform the procedure safely, effectively and ethically.
2. Before performing the procedure, the member determines that the newborn’s condition warrants performance of the procedure, having considered,
i. whether the procedure is necessary to preserve or restore the health of the newborn,
ii. the known risks and benefits to the newborn of performing the procedure,
iii. the predictability of the outcome of performing the procedure,
iv. the safeguards and resources available in all the circumstances to safely manage the outcome of performing the procedure, and
v. other relevant factors specific to the situation.
3. The member has successfully completed an intubation training program approved by the Council.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Midwives of Ontario:
Barbara Ann Borland
Date made: October 21, 2014.