O. Reg. 78/15: VEHICLE PERMITS
filed April 8, 2015 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 78/15
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: April 1, 2015
Filed: April 8, 2015
Published on e-Laws: April 8, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 25, 2015
Amending Reg. 628 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Subsection 16.1 (1) of Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “Subject to subsections (2) and (3)” at the beginning of the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting “Subject to subsections (2), (3) and (4)”.
(2) Subsection 16.1 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
3. New vehicles that are owned by their manufacturer and that, upon being completed, are driven away from the place at which their manufacture was completed.
(3) Section 16.1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) The exemption in paragraph 3 of subsection (1) applies only while the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The vehicle is in transit between the place at which its manufacture was completed and the yard at which it is to be kept prior to shipping.
2. The distance between the place at which the vehicle’s manufacture was completed and the yard at which it is to be kept prior to shipping is not more than eight kilometres.
3. The driver of the vehicle is the holder of a valid driver’s licence for that class of vehicle.
4. The vehicle is insured under a contract of automobile insurance in accordance with section 2 of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2015 and the day this Regulation is filed.