O. Reg. 144/15: DRIVER LICENCE EXAMINATIONS
filed June 16, 2015 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 144/15
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: May 27, 2015
Filed: June 16, 2015
Published on e-Laws: June 16, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 4, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 341/94
(DRIVER LICENCE EXAMINATIONS)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 341/94 is amended by striking out “sections 2 to 5” and substituting “sections 2 to 6”.
2. Section 6 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
6. (1) A resident of Ontario who applies for a Class A, C, D, F or G driver’s licence and, if applicable, an air brake endorsement to that licence and pays the prescribed fee is not required to take the applicable examinations under clauses 15 (1) (a) to (d) and subsection 15 (2) of Ontario Regulation 340/94 (Drivers’ Licences) made under the Act if,
(a) the applicant is the holder or former holder of a DND 404 permit of an equivalent class with, if applicable, an air brake endorsement or certification that authorizes the operation of a motor vehicle equipped with air brakes, or a combination of such a vehicle and towed vehicles;
(b) the DND 404 permit with, if applicable, the endorsement or certification is not subject to special conditions and restrictions; and
(c) the applicant meets the requirements set out in subsection (2).
(2) The applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. The applicant must be a member or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces.
2. The applicant must have held a DND 404 permit for at least 24 months.
3. In the case of an applicant who is the holder of a DND 404 permit with, if applicable, an air brake endorsement or certification, the permit must not be suspended or cancelled.
4. In the case of an applicant who is the former holder of a DND 404 permit with, if applicable, an air brake endorsement or certification,
i. the permit must not have been suspended or cancelled at the time it was surrendered to the Department of National Defence (Canada) or at the time the applicant was released from the Canadian Armed Forces, and
ii. the applicant must have held the permit with, if applicable, the endorsement or certification within the three years prior to the application.
5. For each province or territory of Canada that issued to the applicant a driver’s licence with, if applicable, an air brake endorsement, the most recent driver’s licence issued to the applicant by that province or territory must not be suspended or cancelled.
(3) In this section,
“DND 404 permit” means a permit issued by the Department of National Defence (Canada) authorizing persons to drive its vehicles.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2015 and the day it is filed.