O. Reg. 194/15: RULES OF THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT
filed July 9, 2015 under Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.43Skip to content
ontario regulation 194/15
made under the
Courts of Justice Act
Made: June 2, 2015
Approved: July 8, 2015
Filed: July 9, 2015
Published on e-Laws: July 10, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 25, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 258/98
(RULES OF THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT)
1. The French version of clause 4.01 (3) (c) of Ontario Regulation 258/98 is amended by striking out “de parenté”.
2. The French version of clause 4.02 (2) (c) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “de parenté”.
3. Rule 11.1 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Rule 11.1 Dismissal by Clerk
11.1.01 (1) Unless the court orders otherwise, the clerk shall make an order dismissing an action for delay if, by the later of the second anniversary of the commencement of the action and September 1, 2017,
(a) the action has not been disposed of by order; and
(b) no step has been taken by the plaintiff under subrule 11.03 (2) to obtain judgment, nor has a trial date been requested.
(2) Subrule (1) does not apply if,
(a) an offer to settle the action has been accepted and filed;
(b) the defence contains an admission of liability for the plaintiff’s claim in the action and a proposal of terms of payment under subrule 9.03 (1); or
(c) at the time the clerk would otherwise be required under that subrule to dismiss the action, the plaintiff is under disability.
Service of Order
(3) The clerk shall serve a copy of an order made under subrule (1) on the parties.
(4) Every outstanding notice that an action will be dismissed as abandoned that was given by the clerk under this rule, as it read immediately before September 1, 2015, ceases to have effect on that date.
4. The Table of Forms to the Regulation is amended by striking out,
January 23, 2014
February 12, 2015
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of September 1, 2015 and the day it is filed.
Civil Rules Committee:
Le Comité des règles en matière civile :
Senior Legal Officer, Court of Appeal for Ontario (Avocat Principal, Cour d’appel de l’Ontario) & Secretary Civil Rules Committee
Date made: June 2, 2015.
Pris le : 2 juin 2015.
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
La procureure générale,
Date approved: July 8, 2015.
Approuvé le : 8 juillet 2015.