O. Reg. 200/15: TRANSPORTATION OF PUPILS IN SCHOOLS OPERATED BY THE MINISTRY
filed July 10, 2015 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 200/15
made under the
Made: June 1, 2015
Approved: June 17, 2015
Filed: July 10, 2015
Published on e-Laws: July 10, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 25, 2015
Transportation of pupils in schools operated by the Ministry
1. In this Regulation,
“school” means a school established under section 13 of the Act; (“école”)
“Superintendent” means the Superintendent of a school for the blind or a school for the deaf established under section 13 of the Act. (‘surintendant”)
Transportation for pupils not in residence
2. The Superintendent may provide daily transportation to and from a school for pupils who are not in residence at the school.
Transportation for pupils in residence
3. The Minister may provide transportation to and from a school once a week for pupils who are in residence at the school.
Transportation, activities off school premises
4. The Minister or Superintendent may provide for a pupil who is admitted to a school transportation to and from an activity that is part of the program of the school.
5. The Minister may pay all or part of the transportation costs for a pupil admitted to a school if the pupil’s parents or guardians reside in Ontario.
6. For the purposes of sections 3 and 4, the Minister may make an agreement or agreements with a corporation, commission or person for the transportation of pupils.
7. Section 13 of Regulation 296, Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990, is revoked.
8. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.