O. Reg. 6/16: DESIGNATION OF PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES
filed January 28, 2016 under French Language Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.32Skip to content
ontario regulation 6/16
made under the
French Language Services Act
Made: January 27, 2016
Filed: January 28, 2016
Published on e-Laws: January 28, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 13, 2016
Amending O. Reg. 398/93
(DESIGNATION OF PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES)
1. Ontario Regulation 398/93 is amended by adding the following section:
4. (1) York University is designated as a public service agency for the purpose of the definition of “government agency” in section 1 of the Act in respect of the following services:
1. The provision of programs by Glendon College, a faculty of the University.
2. Academic support services provided to students by Glendon College.
3. Non-academic services provided to students by Glendon College, except for parking and security services and except for services provided by student clubs and organizations established by Glendon College.
(2) For greater certainty, the designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) in respect of a program provided only in French or in both English and French does not continue if Glendon College ceases to provide the program in any language.
(3) The designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) does not apply to the following programs:
1. Programs leading to an international Bachelor of Arts (iBA) or international Bachelor of Science (iBSc) degree.
2. Programs provided in partnership with a faculty of the University or in partnership with an institution other than the University.
3. Language programs, other than French studies programs.
4. Language teaching programs.
5. Translation programs.
6. Conference interpreting programs.
(4) The designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) in respect of a program does not apply to the following components of the program:
1. Options within the program.
2. Any of the following courses that are part of the program:
i. Language courses, other than French courses.
ii. Courses provided in a language other than French or English.
iii. Online, video conference, audio conference and other distance education courses.
iv. Courses provided by another faculty of the University or by an institution other than the University.
3. Any of the following that are part of the program:
i. Placements, including internships, co-operative placements, clinical placements and other field placements.
ii. Clinical teaching activities.
iii. Study abroad and student exchange programs.
(5) The designation made by subsection (1) is limited to services provided in person by Glendon College at the Glendon campus of the University.
(6) The designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) in respect of a program does not apply to courses and other components of the program that are provided only in English if it is possible to complete the requirements of the program, other than the courses and other components excluded under subsection (4), by completing only courses and other components of the program that are provided in French.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of March 1, 2016 and the day it is filed.