O. Reg. 33/16: SPECIAL OCCASION PERMITS
filed February 17, 2016 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 33/16
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: February 10, 2016
Filed: February 17, 2016
Published on e-Laws: February 18, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 5, 2016
Amending O. Reg. 389/91
(SPECIAL OCCASION PERMITS)
1. (1) Subsection 25 (2) of Ontario Regulation 389/91 is amended by striking out “or” at the end of clause (a), by adding “or” at the end of clause (b) and by adding the following clause:
(c) sold at an auction authorized by the Registrar and conducted by a charitable organization that is registered under the Income Tax Act (Canada) or by an administrator, executor or law enforcement officer acting within the scope of the person’s duties.
(2) Subsection 25 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(3) Despite subsection (1), the permit holder may serve wine and beer made by a member of the family hosting a wedding, anniversary or other family special occasion if,
. . . . .
2. Section 26 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(1.2) Despite subsection (1), the permit holder may permit patrons to bring sealed, unopened liquor onto the premises if the liquor is to be sold in an auction described in clause 25 (2) (c).
. . . . .
(5) Despite subsection (2), the permit holder shall permit the successful bidder for liquor at an auction described in clause 25 (2) (c) held on the premises to remove the liquor from the premises when the bidder departs.