O. Reg. 245/16: TAX MATTERS - SPECIAL TAX RATES AND LIMITS
filed June 24, 2016 under Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25Skip to content
ontario regulation 245/16
made under the
Municipal Act, 2001
Made: June 24, 2016
Filed: June 24, 2016
Published on e-Laws: June 24, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 9, 2016
Amending O. Reg. 73/03
(TAX MATTERS - SPECIAL TAX RATES AND LIMITS)
1. Section 12 of Ontario Regulation 73/03 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(3.1) For the 2016 taxation year, subsections (3.2) to (3.4) apply to the following municipalities:
1. City of Ottawa.
2. Town of Marathon.
(3.2) The municipalities listed in subsection (3.1) shall adjust the total assessment for property in a property class in the municipality as determined under subsection (3) so that the total assessment for property in a property class in the municipality does not include changes to the tax roll for 2015 resulting from one or more of the following events, except as provided by subsection (3.3):
1. A correction under subsection 32 (1.1) of the Assessment Act.
2. An assessment under subsection 32 (4) of the Assessment Act.
3. A reconsideration under section 39.1 of the Assessment Act.
4. An appeal under section 40 of the Assessment Act.
5. An application under section 46 of the Assessment Act.
(3.3) If an event listed in paragraphs 3 to 5 of subsection (3.2) changes the assessed value of a property because of one of the following types of changes, the change to the assessed value of the property is excluded from the adjustment under subsection (3.2), except as provided by subsection (3.4):
1. A change with respect to which an additional assessment of land is made under section 33 or 34 of the Assessment Act.
2. A change to the state or condition of land that results in the assessment made under section 36 of the Assessment Act for the 2016 taxation year differing from the assessment for the 2015 taxation year.
3. A change in the classification of land, except under section 30, 34 or 38 of Ontario Regulation 282/98 (General) under the Assessment Act.
4. A change in the status of land from taxable to tax-exempt or vice-versa.
5. A change in the valuation approach with respect to whether land is eligible for assessment under section 19.0.1 of the Assessment Act.
(3.4) A change to the assessed value of a property is not excluded from the adjustment under subsection (3.2) if the current value of the property for the 2012 taxation year is also changed under section 39.1, 40 or 46 of the Assessment Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Finance
Date made: June 24, 2016