O. Reg. 348/16: GENERAL
filed October 28, 2016 under Vital Statistics Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. V.4Skip to content
ontario regulation 348/16
made under the
Vital Statistics Act
Made: October 26, 2016
Filed: October 28, 2016
Published on e-Laws: October 31, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 12, 2016
Amending Reg. 1094 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Clause 5 (4) (b) of Regulation 1094 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(b) a copy of a record of a public school, separate school, private school or child care centre that sets out the name of the child and the child’s age or date of birth and that is certified by the principal of the school, the operator of the child care centre or another official or employee of the school or child care centre who has custody of the record;
(2) Subsection 5 (6) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following definition:
“child care centre” has the same meaning as in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014;
(3) The definition of “day nursery” in subsection 5 (6) of the Regulation is revoked.
(4) The definition of “operator” in subsection 5 (6) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
“operator”, in respect of a child care centre, means an operator of the child care centre, as “operator” is defined in subsection 2 (1) of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014;
2. (1) Section 60 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(2) The Registrar General may issue a birth certificate for a person that, in addition to the particulars listed in subsection 43 (1) of the Act, includes,
(a) the names and places of birth of one or more of the parents of the person; or
(b) the names of one or more of the parents of the person, but not their places of birth if the Registrar General does not have a record of them.
(3) Despite subsection 45.2 (1) of the Act, unless the Registrar General otherwise permits, one certificate described in subsection (2), but no more than one, may be issued in respect of a person.
(2) Subsection 60 (3) of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 2 (2) comes into force on the later of the day section 10 of Schedule 58 to the Strong Action for Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2012 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.