O. Reg. 484/16: Hospital Management
filed December 20, 2016 under Public Hospitals Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.40Skip to content
ontario regulation 484/16
made under the
Public Hospitals Act
Made: December 7, 2016
Approved: December 14, 2016
Filed: December 20, 2016
Published on e-Laws: December 21, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 7, 2017
Amending Reg. 965 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Section 2 of Regulation 965 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(3.1) The board shall ensure that the administrator establishes a system for ensuring that a committee appointed by the hospital reviews every critical incident, as soon as is practicable after the critical incident occurs.
(3.2) A system established under subsection (3.1) must require that a person designated by the hospital who has responsibility in the area of patient relations or in providing patient perspectives to the hospital participate in each review of a critical incident.
(3.3) Where, pursuant to a system established under subsection (3.1), a review is conducted of a critical incident, a person acting on behalf of the hospital shall offer to interview the affected patient, or,
(a) if the affected patient is incapable, a person lawfully authorized to make treatment decisions on behalf of the patient; or
(b) if the affected patient has died,
(i) the patient’s estate trustee, or the person who has assumed responsibility for the administration of the patient’s estate, if the estate does not have an estate trustee, or
(ii) a person who was lawfully authorized to make treatment decisions on behalf of the patient immediately before the patient’s death, or who would have been so authorized if the patient had been incapable.
(2) Subsection 2 (5) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following clause:
(a.1) a description of the cause or causes of the critical incident, if known;
(3) Subsection 2 (6) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Subject to the Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2004” at the beginning.
2. Section 23 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “and” at the end of clause (b), by adding “and” at the end of clause (c) and by adding the following clause:
(d) from records of reviews of critical incidents conducted pursuant to a system established under subsection 2 (3.1), to a person for purposes of conducting analyses and disseminating information in order to support quality improvement activities.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2017 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de la Santé et des Soins de longue durée,
Dr. Eric Hoskins
Minister of Health and Long-Term Care