O. Reg. 488/16: RULES OF THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT
filed December 23, 2016 under Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.43Skip to content
ontario regulation 488/16
made under the
Courts of Justice Act
Made: December 6, 2016
Approved: December 21, 2016
Filed: December 23, 2016
Published on e-Laws: December 23, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 7, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 258/98
(RULES OF THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT)
1. (1) Subrule 11.1.01 (1) of Ontario Regulation 258/98 is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, the clerk shall make an order dismissing an action for delay if, by the second anniversary of the commencement of the action,
. . . . .
(2) Rule 11.1.01 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subrule:
(2.1) An order made under subrule (1) may be issued electronically.
(3) Subrule 11.1.01 (4) of the Regulation is revoked.
2. The row for Form 7A in the Table of Forms to the Regulation is amended by striking out “February 12, 2015” in the column titled “Date of Form” and substituting “November 1, 2016”.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2017 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Civil Rules Committee:
Le Comité des règles en matière civile :
Senior Legal Officer and Secretary to the Civil Rules Committee /
Avocate principale et secrétaire du Comité des règles en matière civile
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
Le procureur général,