O. Reg. 83/17: VEHICLE PERMITS
filed March 29, 2017 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 83/17
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: March 8, 2017
Filed: March 29, 2017
Published on e-Laws: March 29, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 15, 2017
Amending Reg. 628 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
Exemptions from Permit Denials
16.2 An order or direction made under section 69 of the Provincial Offences Act pursuant to subsection 7 (12.0.1) of the Act does not apply in the following circumstances:
1. The payment of the fine that is in default is in respect of a conviction that occurred before May 1, 2010.
2. The plate portion of the permit for any vehicle has been or is held jointly by two or more persons, at least one of whom is in default of the payment of the fine, and the persons apply for validation of a permit held jointly by them or for a new permit to be issued in their joint names.
3. The permit is held by a person other than an individual.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 4 (2) of the Transportation Statute Law Amendment Act (Making Ontario’s Roads Safer), 2015 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.