O. Reg. 84/17: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY AWARENESS AND TRAINING
filed March 30, 2017 under Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1Skip to content
ontario regulation 84/17
made under the
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Made: March 29, 2017
Filed: March 30, 2017
Published on e-Laws: March 30, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 15, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 297/13
(OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY AWARENESS AND TRAINING)
1. Section 11 of Ontario Regulation 297/13 is revoked and the following substituted:
11. (1) Subject to subsection (2), if, before April 1, 2015, a worker has completed training that meets the requirements of subsection 26.2 (1) of Ontario Regulation 213/91 (Construction Projects), the working at heights training requirements of section 7 of this Regulation do not apply in respect of that worker until October 1, 2017.
(2) Subsection (1) only applies if,
(a) the worker is enrolled in a working at heights training program that meets the requirements set out in subsection 7 (2);
(b) the worker is enrolled in a working at heights training program that is scheduled to be completed before October 1, 2017; and
(c) the employer has written proof of the worker’s enrolment in the working at heights training program that meets the requirements of subsection (3).
(3) Written proof of enrolment must include the following information:
1. The name of the worker.
2. The name of the approved training provider.
3. The date on which the approved training is scheduled to be completed.
4. The name of the approved training program.
(4) The employer shall make a copy of the written proof of enrolment available to an inspector on request.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of April 1, 2017 and the day it is filed.