O. Reg. 89/17: TRAPPING
filed March 30, 2017 under Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 41Skip to content
ontario regulation 89/17
made under the
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997
Made: March 8, 2017
Filed: March 30, 2017
Published on e-Laws: March 30, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 15, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 667/98
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 667/98 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) A reference in this Regulation to a wildlife management unit is a reference to that unit as referred to in Schedule 1 to Part 6 of Ontario Regulation 663/98 (Area Descriptions) made under the Act except that if a wildlife management unit is referred to by whole number only, the whole number includes a reference to all of the wildlife management units referred to in Schedule 1 by that number used in combination with a letter, or a letter and another number.
2. Clause 18 (2) (a) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(a) a person shall not use, except as part of an underwater set used in the trapping of beaver and otter, a body-gripping trap with a jaw spread greater than 22 centimetres in wildlife management units 60 to 95; and
3. The definition of “Suspended Snare Trapping Regulation Plan” in subsection 26 (6) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “on September 25, 2015”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of April 1, 2017 and the day it is filed.