O. Reg. 162/17: VEHICLE PERMITS
filed June 1, 2017 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 162/17
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: May 31, 2017
Filed: June 1, 2017
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 17, 2017
Amending Reg. 628 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
2.0.1 (1) In this section,
“NSC Standard 11B” has the same meaning as in section 2.1 of Regulation 611; (“norme 11B du Code canadien de sécurité”)
“Regulation 611” means Regulation 611 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Safety Inspections) made under the Act. (“Règlement 611”)
(2) A permit may be issued for a used self-propelled concrete pump or a used mobile crane if, instead of submitting a safety standards certificate as required by clause 2 (1) (a), the applicant submits an affidavit or declaration completed by the applicant within the preceding 36 days stating that,
(a) the self-propelled concrete pump or mobile crane, as the case may be, was inspected not more than three years before the date of the affidavit or declaration in accordance with the inspection requirements of NSC Standard 11B as modified by Regulation 611;
(b) the inspection referred to in clause (a) determined that the self-propelled concrete pump or mobile crane, as the case may be, complied with the performance standards set out in NSC Standard 11B; and
(c) the self-propelled concrete pump or mobile crane, as the case may be, complies, on the date of the affidavit or declaration, with all applicable equipment and performance standards under the Act and the regulations other than those specific to NSC Standard 11B.
(3) For the purposes of clause (2) (a), an inspection is deemed to have been carried out in accordance with the inspection requirements of NSC Standard 11B even if,
(a) the inspection of the brake system consisted only of a limited-inspection of drum brake and a limited-inspection of disc brake as set out in Section 3 - Brake Systems of NSC Standard 11B; or
(b) the inspection was performed by a person who is not an authorized inspector or authorized technician under NSC Standard 11B or under subsection 2.1 (7) of Regulation 611.
(2) Section 2.0.1, as made by subsection (1), is revoked on July 1, 2018.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.