O. Reg. 196/18: ONTARIO SCHOOLS FOR THE BLIND AND THE DEAF
filed April 4, 2018 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 196/18
made under the
Made: March 23, 2018
Approved: March 27, 2018
Filed: April 4, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 4, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 21, 2018
Amending Reg. 296 of R.R.O. 1990
(ONTARIO SCHOOLS FOR THE BLIND AND THE DEAF)
1. The definition of “Director” in section 1 of Regulation 296 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
“Director” means the executive director responsible for the operation of the schools referred to in subsections 2 (1) to (4); (“directeur”)
2. Subsection 2 (5) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(5) The school continued under subsection 13 (3.1) of the Act is designated as Centre Jules-Léger (École provinciale pour sourds, aveugles et sourds-aveugles).
(6) The school continued under subsection 13 (5.1) of the Act is designated as Centre Jules-Léger (École d’application).
3. (1) Subsection 3 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “and” at the end of clause (c), by adding “and” at the end of clause (d) and by adding the following clause:
(e) a special education identification, placement and review committee has decided that the applicant should be placed in a School,
(2) Subsection 3 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “under clauses (1) (b) and (d)” and substituting “under clauses (1) (b), (d) and (e)”.
4. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Eligibility for Residence
8.1 (1) A pupil of a School may reside at the School, if any of the following conditions apply:
1. The pupil lives 115 kilometres or more away from the School.
2. The commute by car between where the pupil lives and the School is 70 minutes or more.
3. It is in the best interests of the pupil.
(2) This section does not apply if the School does not have a residence for pupils.
5. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Centre Jules-Léger Consortium
24. The application of this Regulation with respect to the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium is modified as follows:
1. Substitute “Centre Jules-Léger Consortium” for “Minister” and for “Ministry” wherever they appear, except for in the following:
i. The reference in the portion of section 4 before clause (a) to “the minister of education for a province of Canada other than Ontario”.
ii. The reference in the portion of section 5 before clause (a) to “the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development for Canada”.
iii. The references in clause 18 (k) to “the Ministry of Infrastructure” and “that Ministry”.
2. Substitute “director of education of the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium” for “Director” and for “Superintendent” wherever they appear, except as provided by paragraph 3 in respect of “Superintendent”.
3. Substitute “principal of the School” for “Superintendent” in sections 14, 15, 17, and 19 to 21.
4. The portion of section 18 before clause (a) does not apply and the duties in clauses 18 (a) to (q) are assigned as follows:
i. The director of education of the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium shall perform the duties listed in clauses 18 (a) to (c).
ii. The principal of the School shall perform the duties listed in clauses (d) to (q). For greater certainty, paragraph 2 of this section applies to with respect to 18 (j) and (p).
6. This Regulation comes into force on the latest of,
(a) the day subsection 1 (1) of Schedule 12 to the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017 comes into force;
(b) the day subsection 1 (4) of Schedule 12 to the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017 comes into force; and
(c) the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Minister of Education
Date made: March 23, 2018
Pris le : 23 mars 2018