O. Reg. 208/18: COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
filed April 6, 2018 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 208/18
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: March 27, 2018
Filed: April 6, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 6, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 21, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 199/07
(COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTIONS)
1. Subsection 11 (7) of Ontario Regulation 199/07 is amended by striking out “whichever occurs first” at the end and substituting “whichever occurs last”.
2. Paragraph 5 of subsection 16 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
5. Copies of safety standards certificates, annual inspection certificates and semi-annual inspection certificates issued in respect of the vehicle, and copies of equivalent documents from other jurisdictions issued in respect of the vehicle.
3. Section 19 of the Regulation is amended by striking out note 16 and substituting the following:
16View requirements are in section 74 of the Act and in section 1 of Schedule 7 to this Regulation.
4. Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “(b) cracked or broken main spring leaf or more than one broken spring leaf” under Column 3 opposite “Part 20. Suspension System” under Column 1 and substituting “(b) cracked or broken main spring leaf or more than one broken spring leaf in any spring assembly”.
5. Schedule 4 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “(d) clearance between a brake calliper piston and the disc pad backing plate exceeds manufacturer’s specified limit” under Column 2 opposite “Part 1. Air Brake System” under Column 1.
6. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.