O. Reg. 223/18: DISPOSABLE CONTAINERS FOR MILK
filed April 6, 2018 under Environmental Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 223/18
made under the
Environmental Protection Act
Made: March 27, 2018
Filed: April 6, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 9, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 21, 2018
Amending Reg. 344 of R.R.O. 1990
(DISPOSABLE CONTAINERS FOR MILK)
1. Section 4 of Regulation 344 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
4. The following persons are exempt from section 3:
1. A person who fills, distributes or sells at retail, in compliance with the provisions of an agreement between the Minister and the person providing for the recycling of empty used disposable containers, a disposable container for which a deposit is charged in accordance with the agreement.
2. A person who fills, distributes or sells at retail a disposable container, other than a container described in paragraph 1, that is composed of a material that is collected by a multi-material recycling program if the reported percentage of households in Ontario from which the material may be collected as set out in the most recent Datacall report of the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority is at least 90 per cent.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.