O. Reg. 246/18: MEMBERS OF SCHOOL BOARDS - CODE OF CONDUCT
filed April 16, 2018 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 246/18
made under the
Made: April 12, 2018
Filed: April 16, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 16, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 5, 2018
Members of School Boards - Code of Conduct
Code of conduct
1. (1) Every board shall adopt a code of conduct that applies to the members of the board.
(2) Every board that has not adopted a code of conduct before the day this Regulation comes into force shall adopt a code of conduct on or before May 15, 2019.
(3) Every board shall make its code of conduct available to the public.
Review of code of conduct
2. (1) Every board that adopted a code of conduct before the day this Regulation came into force shall review its code of conduct, in accordance with subsection (3), on or before May 15, 2019 and on or before May 15 in every fourth year thereafter.
(2) Every board referred to in subsection 1 (2) shall review its code of conduct, in accordance with subsection (3), on or before May 15, 2023 and on or before May 15 in every fourth year thereafter.
(3) A board shall review a code of conduct by complying with the following requirements:
1. The board shall determine whether any changes are required to the code of conduct and,
i. if changes are required, make the required changes, or
ii. if no changes are required, confirm the existing code of conduct.
2. The board shall pass a board resolution setting out the course of action determined under paragraph 1.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Minister of Education