O. Reg. 354/18: STUDENT TRUSTEES
filed May 3, 2018 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 354/18
made under the
Made: April 30, 2018
Filed: May 3, 2018
Published on e-Laws: May 3, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 19, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 7/07
1. Section 3 of Ontario Regulation 7/07 is amended by striking out “one” and substituting “two”.
2. Subsection 4 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) An election for a student trustee position for a one-year term of office shall be held not later than the last day of February in each year.
(3) An election for a student trustee position for a two-year term of office shall be held not later than April 30 in each year.
3. Subsection 5 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(1) A person is qualified to act as a student trustee if, on the first day of school after the term of office begins, he or she is enrolled in the senior division of a school of the board and is,
. . . . .
4. (1) Section 6 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Term of office
6. The term of office of a student trustee may be one year or two years and starts on August 1 of the year in which the student trustee is elected.
(2) Section 6 of the Regulation, as remade by subsection (1), is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) If a board has two or more student trustees with terms of two years, the board shall ensure that its policy under section 2 provides for the staggering of terms where possible.
5. Section 9 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
9. The amount of the honorarium referred to in subsection 55 (8) of the Act is,
(a) $2,500 for each complete year that the student holds office; and
(b) if a student holds office for a portion of a year, $2,500 prorated according to the portion of the year the student holds office.
6. Section 11 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Centre Jules-Léger Consortium
11. (1) The Centre Jules-Léger Consortium shall ensure that the policy referred to in section 2 provides for the following matters:
1. The direct election of student trustees by students of the constituency they will represent, or the indirect election of student trustees by student representatives of the constituency they will represent.
2. The timing of the election of student trustees.
3. The terms of office of student trustees, which shall not exceed two years.
(2) The procedure and timing of elections and the terms of office of student trustees for the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium shall be as provided in the policy, despite sections 4 and 6.
(3) Despite section 3, the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium shall have three student trustees as follows:
1. One student trustee to represent students of the school continued under subsection 13 (3.1) of the Education Act.
2. One student trustee to represent students of the school continued under subsection 13 (5.1) of the Education Act.
3. One student trustee to represent students receiving the services set out in clause 13.1 (5) (b) of the Education Act.
Centre Jules-Léger Consortium, transitional
12. (1) For the 2018-2019 academic year, the Centre Jules-Léger Consortium may decide whether or not to have student trustees, and if it decides to have student trustees, then,
(a) it may appoint a student trustee to represent each constituency described in subsection 11 (3);
(b) this Regulation, except sections 3, 4, 6, 7 and 11, applies with necessary modifications in respect of the student trustees.
(2) This section is revoked on August 31, 2019.
7. (1) Subject to subsections (2), (3) and (4), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 6 comes into force on the later of the day subsection 1 (1) of Schedule 12 of the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
(3) Section 2 and subsection 4 (2) come into force on January 1, 2020.
(4) Section 1 comes into force on August 1, 2020.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Minister of Education