O. Reg. 466/18: CONDUCT AND DUTIES OF POLICE OFFICERS RESPECTING INVESTIGATIONS BY THE SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT
filed November 13, 2018 under Police Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.15Skip to content
ontario regulation 466/18
made under the
Police Services Act
Made: November 9, 2018
Filed: November 13, 2018
Published on e-Laws: November 13, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 1, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 267/10
(CONDUCT AND DUTIES OF POLICE OFFICERS RESPECTING INVESTIGATIONS BY THE SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT)
1. Section 3 of Ontario Regulation 267/10 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(2) Despite subsection (1) and subject to subsection (3), a chief of police is not required to notify the SIU of any incident during which a police officer provides emergency first aid assistance, such as the administration of naloxone, cardiopulmonary resuscitation or other life-saving measures, to a person who needs or appears to need emergency first aid assistance,
(a) immediately upon arriving at the scene of the incident; or
(b) after arriving at the scene of the incident but immediately upon becoming aware of the need or apparent need for emergency first aid assistance.
(3) A chief of police shall notify the SIU of an incident described in subsection (2) if any of the following circumstances exist in relation to the incident:
1. A police officer used force against the person prior to or after the provision of emergency first aid assistance.
2. The person suffered serious injuries or died while detained by police or in police custody.
3. The person suffered serious injuries or died as a result of a motor vehicle incident involving police or a police pursuit.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.