O. Reg. 76/19: ZONING AREA - CITY OF VAUGHAN, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF YORK
filed April 29, 2019 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 76/19
made under the
Made: April 29, 2019
Filed: April 29, 2019
Published on e-Laws: April 29, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 18, 2019
Zoning Area - City of Vaughan, Regional Municipality of York
1. In this Order,
“accessory” means a use that is normally incidental or subordinate to the large-format retail stores use on the same lot, including but not limited to,
(a) outdoor display of seasonal merchandise,
(b) outdoor garden centres,
(c) drive-through grocery pickup areas,
(d) loading areas,
(e) motor vehicle and bicycle parking,
(f) eating establishments and take-out,
(g) sale and installation of automotive parts,
(i) dispensing of gasoline,
(j) convenience stores,
(k) lottery sales,
(l) income tax and accounting services,
(m) sale of insurance-related products,
(n) mortgage services,
(o) real estate services,
(p) one-hour photo services,
(q) children’s amusement centre, and
(r) repair of jewellery;
“large-format retail store” means a building or part of a building having a minimum gross floor area of 10,000 square metres in which goods and merchandise including food are displayed, stored and sold;
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-Law No. 1-88 of the City of Vaughan.
2. (1) This Order applies to lands in the City of Vaughan in the Regional Municipality of York, in the Province of Ontario, being Blocks 4, 5, 6 and 7 on Registered Plan 65M-3606 and identified as Property Identifier Numbers 03278-0353 (LT), 03278-0354 (LT), 03278-0342 (LT), 03278-0343 (LT), 03278-0344 (LT), 03278-0345 (LT), 03278-0346 (LT) and 03278-0319 (LT) filed in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of York Region (No. 65).
(2) For the purposes of this Order, the lands described in subsection (1) shall be considered to be a single lot.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in subsection 2 (1), except for,
(a) a large-format retail store and accessory uses;
(b) optical facilities and optometrist services;
(c) medical offices;
(d) dental services;
(e) hearing aid services;
(f) telephone and telecommunication services;
(g) travel sales;
(h) uses permitted in the “Corporate District Zone (C10)” in the zoning by-law; and
(i) the uses permitted in the “Prestige Employment Area Zone (EM1)” in the zoning by-law.
4. The zoning requirements for the lands described in subsection 2 (1) are as follows:
1. There is no minimum lot area.
2. There is no minimum lot frontage.
3. There is no maximum height of buildings and structures.
4. The minimum yard setback to the north, south and east lot lines is 6 metres.
5. The minimum yard setback to the west lot line is 14 metres.
6. The maximum lot coverage is 60 per cent.
7. A minimum 3-metre-wide landscaped open space shall be provided along the east and south lot lines.
8. A minimum 8-metre-wide landscaped open space shall be provided along the west lot line.
9. A minimum of two loading spaces for a large-format retail store, if any, shall be provided, with minimum dimensions of 3.5 metres by 9.0 metres and a minimum vertical clearance of 4.2 metres.
10. The number of parking spaces required by the zoning by-law shall be provided.
11. The number of accessible parking spaces required by the zoning by-law shall be provided.
12. Short-term and long-term bicycle parking shall be provided in accordance with section 3.8.2 of the zoning by-law.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Planning Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Vaughan.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: April 29, 2019