O. Reg. 194/19: GENERAL
filed June 12, 2019 under Environmental Assessment Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.18Skip to content
ontario regulation 194/19
made under the
Environmental Assessment Act
Made: May 30, 2019
Filed: June 12, 2019
Published on e-Laws: June 12, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 29, 2019
Amending Reg. 334 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 1 of Regulation 334 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following definition:
“Ministry of Infrastructure Class Environmental Assessment” means the class environmental assessment that,
(a) was originally named “Class Environmental Assessment Process for Management Board Secretariat and Ontario Realty Corporation” and was approved by the Lieutenant Governor in Council on April 28, 2004 under Order in Council 913/2004,
(b) was amended on September 11, 2008 by approval of the Director of the Environmental Assessment and Approvals Branch of the Ministry of the Environment and was renamed “Class Environmental Assessment Process for the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure for Realty Activities Other Than Electricity Projects”, and
(c) was amended on October 31, 2012 by approval of the Director of the Environmental Approvals Branch of the Ministry of the Environment and was renamed “Ministry of Infrastructure Public Work Class Environmental Assessment Process”; (“document intitulé «Ministry of Infrastructure Class Environmental Assessment»”)
2. (1) Clause 6 (1) (c) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Community” and substituting “Children, Community”.
(2) Clause 6 (1) (d) of the Regulation is revoked.
(3) Subsection 6 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following clause:
(g) the Minister of Finance;
(4) Clauses 6 (1) (h) to (m) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(h) the Minister of Government and Consumer Services;
(i) the Minister of Labour;
(j) the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing;
(k) the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities; and
(l) the Solicitor General,
3. Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by,
(a) striking out “of Infrastructure” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “whose responsibilities under the Ministry of Infrastructure Act, 2011 relate to Government property either on his or her own behalf or”; and
(b) adding “is in respect of Government property and that” before “would be subject to the Act” in the portion after clause (b).
4. Subsection 7.1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) The following undertakings by or on behalf of the Ontario Infrastructure and Lands Corporation are exempt from the Act:
1. Undertakings that are not in respect of Government property.
2. Undertakings in respect of Government property that consist of a disposition of any interest in land or the severance of land.
(1.1) An undertaking referred to in paragraph 2 of subsection (1) by or on behalf of the Minister whose responsibilities under the Ministry of Infrastructure Act, 2011 relate to Government property is also exempt from the Act.
(1.2) Despite subsections (1) and (1.1), an undertaking is not exempt under paragraph 2 of subsection (1) or under subsection (1.1) if, before July 1, 2019, a public notice about the undertaking had been issued or any affected party had been notified of the undertaking in accordance with the Ministry of Infrastructure Class Environmental Assessment.
5. Subsection 15.1 (3) of the Regulation is revoked.
6. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.