O. Reg. 256/19: EXTENDED DAY AND THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS
filed August 2, 2019 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 256/19
made under the
Made: July 26, 2019
Filed: August 2, 2019
Published on e-Laws: August 2, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 17, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 221/11
(EXTENDED DAY AND THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS)
1. Subsections 27 (1) to (3) of Ontario Regulation 221/11 are revoked and the following substituted:
Third party programs
(1) For the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection 259 (2) and paragraph 1 of subsection 259.1 (2) of the Act, an authorized recreational and skill building program is prescribed if it is a program that operates after school.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph 3 of subsection 259 (2) of the Act and paragraph 2 of subsection 259.1 (2) of the Act, if a third party program is a child care centre, a board shall ensure that the operator has an agreement with a service system manager designated under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 for the provision of child care.
2. Section 28 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
3. The operator shall ensure that fire drills are conducted in accordance with Ontario Regulation 213/07 (Fire Code) made under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997.