O. Reg. 462/19: DESIGNATION OF PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES
filed December 20, 2019 under French Language Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.32Skip to content
ontario regulation 462/19
made under the
French Language Services Act
Made: December 19, 2019
Filed: December 20, 2019
Published on e-Laws: December 20, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 4, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 398/93
(DESIGNATION OF PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES)
1. (1) Paragraph 20.1 of section 1 of Ontario Regulation 398/93 is amended by striking out “Nippising” and substituting “Nipissing”.
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
20.2 The Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch, also known as Association canadienne pour la santé mentale - Ottawa, in respect of programs carried out on behalf of the Ministry of Health.
(3) Paragraph 77 of section 1 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “populaire”.
(4) Paragraph 78 of section 1 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Clinique juridique Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Legal Clinic” at the beginning and substituting “Clinique juridique Roy McMurtry Legal Clinic, (Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry)”.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
3.2 (1) The University of Sudbury is designated as a public service agency for the purpose of the definition of “government agency” in section 1 of the Act in respect of the following services provided at its Sudbury campus:
1. The provision of French-language and bilingual undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree, with the exception of the Indigenous studies program, including academic support services for those programs.
2. Reception services, the sale of course materials, the provision of parking passes, the distribution of internal mail, library services and the provision of housing in university residences.
(2) The designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) in respect of a program does not apply to the following components of the program:
1. Options within the program.
2. Any of the following courses that are part of the program:
i. Language courses, other than French courses.
ii. Courses provided in a language other than French or English.
iii. Online, video conference, audio conference and other distance education courses.
iv. Courses provided by another institution.
3. Any placements, including internships, and any academic exchanges that are part of the program.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2020 and the day it is filed.