O. Reg. 11/20: VEGETABLES FOR PROCESSING - MARKETING
filed February 5, 2020 under Farm Products Marketing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 11/20
made under the
Farm Products Marketing Act
Made: January 22, 2020
Filed: February 5, 2020
Published on e-Laws: February 5, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 22, 2020
Amending Reg. 440 of R.R.O. 1990
(VEGETABLES FOR PROCESSING - MARKETING)
1. (1) Paragraph 1 of subsection 220.127.116.11 (1) of Regulation 440 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
1. The associated producer’s minimum annual tonnage to be included in annual agreements the associated producer enters into in respect of crop years covered by the associated producer agreement.
(2) Paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection 18.104.22.168 (2) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
1. For any of the 2017, 2018 and 2019 crop years in which an associated producer produced tomatoes or carrots, as the case may be, determine the average tonnage of tomatoes or carrots, as the case may be, contracted by the processor to the associated producer during those crop years, represented as a percentage of the total tonnage of tomatoes or carrots, as the case may be, contracted by the processor during those crop years to all of its associated producers.
2. Multiply the percentage determined under paragraph 1 by the total tonnage of tomatoes or carrots, as the case may be, contracted by the processor in the 2019 crop year to all of its associated producers.
(3) Subsection 22.214.171.124 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Every associated producer agreement referred to in subsection (1) shall provide that the processor may reduce the associated producer’s minimum annual tonnage for the 2020, 2021 or 2022 crop year provided that,
(a) the processor reduces the associated producer’s minimum annual tonnage by the same percentage as it reduces the minimum annual tonnage of each of its associated producers;
(b) the total minimum annual tonnage for all of the processor’s associated producers in the crop year does not exceed the minimum annual tonnage as reduced by clause (a); and
(c) the processor provides notice to its associated producers at or before the annual meeting held under section 23.3 of its intention to reduce the associated producers’ minimum annual tonnage.
Pris par :
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
la Commission de commercialisation des produits agricoles de l’Ontario :
Secretary to the Commission / Secrétaire de la Commission