O. Reg. 87/20: GENERAL MATTERS UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE MINISTER
filed March 26, 2020 under Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017, S.O. 2017, c. 14, Sched. 1Skip to content
ontario regulation 87/20
made under the
Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017
Made: March 26, 2020
Filed: March 26, 2020
Published on e-Laws: March 26, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 11, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 156/18
(GENERAL MATTERS UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE MINISTER)
1. Section 54 of Ontario Regulation 156/18 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(11) The following rules apply to the provision of care and support under section 124 of the Act for the period beginning on the day section 1 of Ontario Regulation 87/20 comes into force and ending on June 30, 2020:
1. A society or prescribed entity shall, despite subsection (5), continue to provide the care and support in accordance with this section to a person who is receiving such care and support on the day section 1 of Ontario Regulation 87/20 comes into force, even if the person turns 21.
2. For the purpose of continuing to provide care and support as permitted by paragraph 1, the agreement under section 124 may, despite subsection (10), be extended beyond 36 months.
2. (1) Section 55 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(2) Services provided to a child by a society because the child is in interim society care are prescribed as support services for the purposes of paragraph 3 of section 124 of the Act.
(3) A person who received the support services prescribed under subsection (2) is only eligible for care and support under section 124 of the Act if the person was in interim society care immediately before turning 18.
(2) Subsections 55 (2) and (3) of the Regulation are revoked.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 2 (2) comes into force on July 1, 2020.
Pris par :
Le ministre des Services à l'enfance et des Services sociaux et communautaires,
Minister of Children, Community and Social Services