O. Reg. 222/20: ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - ORGANIZED PUBLIC EVENTS, CERTAIN GATHERINGS
filed May 16, 2020 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 222/20
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: May 16, 2020 (4:15 pm) Filed: May 16, 2020
Published on e-Laws: May 19, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 30, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 52/20
(ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - ORGANIZED PUBLIC EVENTS, CERTAIN GATHERINGS)
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 52/20 is amended by striking out “subsection (3)” and substituting “subsections (3) and (4)”.
(2) Section 1 of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) Clause (1) (c) does not apply to a person who attends a gathering for the purposes of a religious service, rite or ceremony if, throughout the gathering, the person follows all of the following precautions that apply to the person:
1. Each person attending the gathering, other than the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony, must remain within a motor vehicle that is designed to be closed to the elements.
2. A person must not be in a motor vehicle that contains members of more than one household.
3. The driver of a motor vehicle must ensure that it is positioned at least two metres away from other motor vehicles.
4. No more than five persons may conduct the service, rite or ceremony from outside a motor vehicle, and the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony must remain at least two metres apart from each other and from other persons attending the gathering.
5. The persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony must ensure that any building that is intended for such activities and that is located at the place where the gathering is occurring remains closed during the gathering except for any access the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony may reasonably require.
6. No materials must be exchanged,
i. between a person conducting the service, rite or ceremony and the occupant of a motor vehicle, or
ii. between the occupant of one motor vehicle and the occupant of any other motor vehicle.
7. A person who ordinarily uses a non-motorized vehicle because of their religious belief and who attends the gathering must remain within their non-motorized vehicle, and paragraphs 2, 3 and 6 apply with necessary modifications.