O. Reg. 278/20: SPECIAL RULES RELATING TO DECLARED EMERGENCY
filed June 15, 2020 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
Ontario regulation 278/20
made under the
Made: June 15, 2020
Filed: June 15, 2020
Published on e-Laws: June 16, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 4, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 149/20
(SPECIAL RULES RELATING TO DECLARED EMERGENCY)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 149/20 is amended by adding the following definition:
“termination date” means the earlier of,
(a) the day Ontario Regulation 278/20 made under the Act comes into force; and
(b) the day that the emergency declared by Order in Council 518/2020 (Ontario Regulation 50/20) on March 17, 2020 pursuant to section 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act is terminated or disallowed.
2. (1) Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “the COVID-19 emergency is terminated or disallowed” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “the termination date”.
(2) Paragraph 1 of subsection 4 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. The secretary-treasurer of the respective committee of adjustment shall give notice of the decision in accordance with subsection 45 (10) of the Act regardless of whether such notice had previously been given, except that the reference in that subsection to “not later than ten days from the making of the decision” shall be read as “not later than ten days after the termination date”.
3. Subsection 5 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
(1) The period of time between March 17, 2020 and the termination date shall not be included for the purposes of counting the periods of time described in the following provisions:
. . . . .
4. Subsections 6 (1) and (2) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(1) An interim control by-law that meets the following criteria is deemed not to expire and is deemed to remain in effect until a day that is the number of days described in subsection (1.1) after the termination date:
1. The by-law was in effect on March 17, 2020.
2. The by-law was not repealed before April 15, 2020.
3. The by-law would, but for this section, expire after April 15, 2020 and before the termination date.
(1.1) The number of days referred to in subsection (1) is equal to the number of days between March 17, 2020 and the day the by-law would have expired.
(2) If an interim control by-law was in effect on March 17, 2020, has not been repealed before April 15, 2020, and does not expire before the termination date, the by-law is deemed to remain in effect after the day it would otherwise expire for a period that is equal to the number of days between March 17, 2020 and the termination date.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of June 22, 2020 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre des Affaires municipales et du Logement,
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing