O. Reg. 429/20: GENERAL
filed July 30, 2020 under Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004, S.O. 2004, c. 3, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 429/20
made under the
Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004
Made: July 30, 2020
Filed: July 30, 2020
Published on e-Laws: July 30, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 15, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 329/04
1. (1) Section 18 of Ontario Regulation 329/04 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(11) Despite subsection 45 (6) of the Act and subject to subsection (12), the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences and Ontario Health shall, upon request of the Minister, disclose personal health information to the Minister where the Minister has determined that such disclosure is necessary for the purposes of,
(a) researching, analyzing, investigating, preventing, responding to or alleviating COVID-19 or its effects; or
(b) evaluating or monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on the management of, the allocation of resources to or planning for all or part of the health system.
(12) The Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences and Ontario Health are not required to disclose personal health information under subsection (11) if the disclosure is otherwise prohibited by law or by the terms of an agreement to which the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences or Ontario Health, as applicable, is a party.
(2) Subsections 18 (11) and (12) of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), are revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.