O. Reg. 531/20: RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 3
filed September 28, 2020 under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
ontario regulation 531/20
made under the
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
Made: September 28, 2020
Filed: September 28, 2020
Published on e-Laws: September 29, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 17, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 364/20
(RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 3)
1. Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 364/20 is amended by adding the following section:
Sale and service of liquor
4.1 (1) The person responsible for a business or place that is open and in which liquor is sold or served under a licence or a special occasion permit shall ensure that,
(a) liquor is sold or served only between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m.; and
(b) no consumption of liquor is permitted in the business or place between the hours of 12 a.m. and 9 a.m.
(2) The conditions set out in subsection (1) do not apply with respect to businesses and places in airports.
2. (1) Paragraphs 6 and 7 of subsection 1 (1) of Schedule 2 to the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
6. The establishment must be closed to the public between the hours of 12 a.m. and 5 a.m. except as may be necessary to,
i. allow patrons to temporarily enter the establishment to place, pick up or pay for a takeout order,
ii. provide delivery service,
iii. provide dine-in service only for persons who are performing work for the business or place in which the establishment is located, or
iv. provide access to washrooms.
(2) Section 1 of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) Paragraph 6 of subsection (1) does not apply with respect to establishments on hospital premises or in airports.
(3) Subsection 1 (4.1) of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.