O. Reg. 599/20: HUNTING
filed October 29, 2020 under Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 41Skip to content
ontario regulation 599/20
made under the
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997
Made: October 29, 2020
Filed: October 29, 2020
Published on e-Laws: October 29, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 14, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 665/98
1. Subsection 67 (2) of Ontario Regulation 665/98 is amended by striking out “a rifle of greater muzzle energy than 400 foot-pounds” and substituting “a centre-fire rifle”.
2. Subsection 80 (4) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “.22-calibre rim-fire rifle chambered for cartridges known as a .22 short, .22 long or .22 long rifle” and substituting “rim-fire rifle”.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section immediately before Part XVIII:
133.0.1 (1) For the purposes of clause 31 (3) (b) of the Act, the following circumstances are prescribed as circumstances in which a person may harass or kill deer or elk under subsection 31 (1) of the Act:
1. The person is the owner or operator of an airport described in subsection (2).
2. The harassment or killing of the deer or elk occurs on airport property.
3. The person believes on reasonable grounds that the deer or elk is damaging or about to damage airport property that is associated with the operation of the airport.
(2) Subsection (1) applies to any airport that is an airport within the meaning of the Aeronautics Act (Canada).
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2021 and the day it is filed.